century arms vska – century arms vska review
For 2019 Century Arms introduces its newest heavy duty AK rifle, the VSKA (vis-kuh). Re-engineered with critical components using machined S7 tool steel, a material so highly regarded for it’s ability to withstand heavy duty action that it’s used in excavator teeth and jackhammer tips!
S7, often referred to as a “Shock-Resisting Tool Steel,” is commonly used for tools like chisels and jackhammer tips as it has maximum shock resistance and high compression strength, while retaining toughness.
The front trunnion and bolt are machined from billet and exceeded the durability goals for the project. Additionally, the VSKA features a carburized 4140 steel bolt, a chrome-moly 4150 barrel, and sports the RAK-1 Enhanced Trigger Group for an impressive trigger pull.
Along with a manganese-phosphate finish, Century adds a little style to the heavy-duty brute with an American Maple wood buttstock and forend.
- RAK-1 Enhanced Trigger Group
- Carburized 4140 Steel Bolt
- Chrome-moly 4150 barrel, 1:10 twist, concentric LH 14×1 metric thread
- 1/16” Stamped Receiver
- Heat treated S7 Steel, Bolt Carrier, Front Trunnion, and Feed ramp
- Includes one 30rd mag
- Manufacturer: Century Arms
- Model: VSKA
- Caliber: 7.62x39mm
- Barrel: 16.5″; Chrome-Moly 4150; 1:10″ Twist
- Overall Length: 37.25″
- Stock & Forend: American Maple Wood
- Magazine Capacity: 30 Rounds
- Weight: 7.5 lbs.